Christmas Countdown

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Under the Mistletoe

Good morning lovely bloggers. A warm welcome to my lovely new followers and a big thank you to those of you who have left me some wonderful comments, I really do appreciate you all :))
It's soo cold, I plan to stay indoors today dressed in cosy clothes (pj's and dressing gown!!) and my heating on. I might even attempt to put my tree up, although I still haven't found the clear lights I want for it, so I might have to pop out to The Range, (just for the lights of course!)

I received my new Copics in the post and have been following Bev Rochester's fab colouring video tutorial here. Bev makes it look soo easy, but I persevered and am pleased with what I did :) I also finished my colouring off with my Prismacolor pencils. This is the first time I've combined the two and the result is here:


I stamped up one of my lovely LOTV Christmas stamps called Under the Mistletoe, this cute stamp is one of many that have been waiting to see the light of day, I told myself I wouldn't order any more new ones, until I'd used all the others I have, at least once, but I keep seeing all these beautiful images and before I know it, they're in my shopping basket and on their way to me!! I think it's called addiction - lol.


I did a PATP with Martha Stewarts Aspen Snowflakes punches and used papers from my stash (something else I have far too much of - but never the right ones of course!!) I used my new Marianne Poinsettia Die on some voile shimmer paper for the flower and added a pre-cut sentiment mounted onto the same backing card that I used behind my image, that I think I bought from Little Clare. I've bought so much stuff recently, that I'm not sure what I bought from where!! I also added some lovely green sparkling trim by Papermania for some texture and some snowflakes, then finished off with lots of sparkle. I even made a box for it as these PATP edged cards won't fit into their envelopes! Speaking of envelopes, I have ordered some box envelopes for any 6" x 6" cards that have raised details such as flowers on them, from Tracey at Craftezee, they are very reasonably priced and you can get yours here


I've just noticed that my pictures look a bit blurred and have realised that I have a fingerprint or something right in the middle of my lens, I want to get this posted so will try and post a clearer picture at some point when I'm not in a rush.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

http://sukkersott.blogspot.com/ #148 Glitter
http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.com/ #51 Photo Inspiration
http://dutchdare-cardchallenges.blogspot.com/ #141 Sketch - Simon Says Stamp
That's it for now. Many thanks for stopping by, please leave me a comment (they let me know you've been) and I can visit you too. Whatever you're doing today, have a happy day and keep warm!

Bye for now
Hugs

Vicki x

37 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Vicki :-)the image is very cute and your colouring is fabulous, the papers and embellies are perfect too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Totally Papercrafts and Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely fabulous. I love it to pieces!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Creations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous Vicki,you have coloured the image perfectly.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning - You did yourself and Bev proud. I just watched this video myself yesterday and always wondered how she got the extra detail. Now I know the secret is the prisma pencils!

    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us for our Winter Holiday Sentiment challenge at Aud Sentiments. I hope you'll have time to join us for our next challenge, I can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love that sweet image, your colouring and design. Thank you for joining us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki, this card is absolutely stunning, luv it, fab design & your colourings fantastic xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous take on the photo inspiration, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS a few more days left on my candy if you are interested:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, just gorgeous and sweet Vicki, I love it!

    Thx for linking it up to the Make It Monday party!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card Vicki! The image is perfectly coloured and your attention to detail is superb. Love the punch.
    Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous card and gorgeous colouring, came over from mim to have a look x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful border, such a gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vicki, what a gorgeous card, love the LOTV image, it's really sweet and your colouring is beautiful. Hope it doesn't stay so cold over there. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow how great is this thanks so much for joining in with us at The Poodles Parlour this week.

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Vicki,
    What a Gorgeous Christmas Card!!! Love the Fabulous image, the dps, the colour scheme is gorgeous. Love the layout and the embellishments are fabulous. Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card and so beautifully colored. Thank you for joining us at TTCRD challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see why you are addicted to LOTV. Their images are so sweet. Thansk for joining us at Totally PaperCrafts this week. **Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card hun, your colouring is fantastic, love your border around the card too..so pretty.
    Saw this on MIM and glad I popped in, your cards are beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for joining us at the poodles parlour this week with this super card.

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aren't they adorable?!? And so beautifully colored! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM. The more comments left, the greater your chance of winning! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous creation hun, fab image and lovely colouring, wow how many challenges! hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Vicki, your card is fabulous. Thank you for joining us at HOC. Merry Christmas.
    Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous stamp and beauitful card xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card Vicki,lovely,sweet image,papers that are beautiful and I love the punched border all around the edge.....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Vikki
    You really know how to make a very pretty card, I love the lacey frame around it all. I saw your project on MIM and came for a snoop.:)
    Hugs,
    Dorcas
    Ps) I have a bit of “no strings attached “ candy on my blog if you’d like to take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous christmast card you have made Vicki:-))
    Just love everything about it!!
    Thanks for joining us at Sukkersött.
    Good luck!!

    Hugs Astrid:-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card; beautifully colored too! Thanks for sharing; I saw it on MIM!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  27. So sweet, love the image and the colours are gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just dropping by to say have a lovely weekend...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this card! Your border around the edge is stunning. Thanks for playing along with Colour Create!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well, I'll tell you this much - WOW! Gorgeous creation hun, your colourwork is brilliant and I just love how you have put this all together. Simply stunning. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the colours on this. Thanks for joining us at LCI this week,,,

    ReplyDelete
  32. super cute! Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sooo cut card! :) Thanks for playing with us at Marianne Design Divas. Hugs Kattiz

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your colouring looks ace. I love your card it is soo sweet. Thanks for joining us at Mad for Markers hugs from Bron xo

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your card is FABULOUS! I LOVE that sweet image!!!
    Thank You for joining us at PIO!
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous card - love the traditional colours!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such a sweet card. I really like the traditional colors. Thanks for joining us at GingerLoft Challenges! Happy Holidays!

    :) Gale

    ReplyDelete